From the North and East
- Travelling south on the M5, pass turnings to Exeter and then take the A30 towards Okehampton (via exit 31).
- After 16 miles travelling west on the A30 dual carriageway take the turning left off the dual carriageway signposted to Moretonhampstead and Chagford amongst other places.
- Drive another half mile on (past services on right and pub on left—the bus from Exeter stops near the pub at Whiddon Down).
- Take the left turning at the first roundabout (the A382 – to Moretonhampstead and Chagford).
- After about 5 miles, the main Chagford turning is on the right and is well signposted, take this turning.
- Drive to the centre of Chagford. Turn left at the square and follow signs to the main town car park.
- To find Eaglehurst (TQ13 8AR) and the Barefoot Barn walk from the car park through the Square with Webber and Sons hardware to your left. Continue down the road about 300 yards until you reach a fork. Take the right fork (Mill St) signposted for Gidleigh.
- After about another quarter of a mile – Eaglehurst is the big house with a circular drive on the left, just before the crest of the hill. Walk through the drive, bear to the right of the house. The Barefoot Barn is through the second double gate (20 yards on from Eaglehurst house).
From South Devon
- Travelling north-east on the A38 take the A382 northwards (this is signposted to Bovey Tracey)
- Stay on the A382 driving past Bovey Tracey and through Moretonhampstead.
- About four miles past Moretonhampstead, look for the Chagford turning opposite a thatched inn (Easton Cross). Take this turning on the left.
- Drive to centre of Chagford and follow instructions as above.
- Travel east on the A30 passing two exits to Okehampton.
- At the next junction take the left turning signposted to Moretonhampstead, Torrington and Winkleigh.
- Cross over the A30 on the bridge and then turn right. Follow instructions as above.